Monday, August 16, 2010

The Delightful Place (a.k.a. Walgreen's Pharmacy)

As wrote in my last post, my previous cycle was not successful. Obviously, this meant I needed to reorder my HCG. And this, my friends, was not something I was looking forward to! I had done a bit of research and discovered that it appeared that the Walgreen's pharmacy had my meds for significantly less than the other place did. But I learned my lesson folks: don't take anything for granted! Especially fertility drugs!
So I did what any sane person wanting to save money would do: called Walgreen's! And yes, they had my drugs for Less Than Half of what I paid for the last round. You can imagine the shock I felt when I heard this. Now, mind you, this is not with help from insurance. But heck, I would rather pay more than go through the trials and tribulations of using their "speciality pharmacy" and discovering in the end that they wouldn't have paid for it anyway.
I had my friendly nurse call in the script and soon Walgreen's called to set up my order. I got it two days later. Upon opening the package I discovered the following:
  • The Dr. placed a refill on the script! Yay, no more calling the Dr. to get him to call in my order!
  • Paperwork describing how to take the drug, why some people take it, and possible side effects (Note: This was not included in the last order and I fruitlessly looked up HCG online. And discovered that the majority of the online world is taking it for weight loss. Not helpful!)
  • Small shots! TEN of them! And they're already assembled! Woot!

Just as my Dr. has earned the term Dr. Delightful, in my book, the Walgreen's Pharmacy has earned the term: The Delightful Place.

1 comments:

renee

oh my they ARE the delightful place! that is great. :D i'm keeping my crossables crossed for you!

Post a Comment