Thursday, April 15, 2010

Weddings, Hiking, and Ovulating, Oh My!

Last weekend K and I went to the wedding of my former co-teacher. She got married in Athens, OH under the blossoming cherry trees. It was so pretty and just so 'her.' When we left for the day we were unsure if we were going to spend the night; all the hotels in Athens had been booked months prior. However...as we were driving we thought how awesome it would be to wake up and go hiking in Hocking Hills. So, we found a hotel (quite awesome BTW...did you know Holiday Inn Express gives discounts to firefighters??), spent the night, and went hiking on Sunday.



I've decided that we need more spontaneous trips like this to remind us why we fell in love in the first place. We both have been so caught up in trying to make a baby (seriously, who knew it would be so hard??) that I think we need to do some new and different things.



So, my body has decided that it wasn't giving me enough excitement and has, as a result, thrown me for yet ANOTHER loop. Yes my friends, apparently it wasn't enough that I haven't conceived yet. Now, I have the delight of not ovulating?? This is a recent occurrence as normally I will ovulate between days 14-17 of my cycle. Well, now we are into day 23 (Yes, TWENTY THIRD day) and I haven't yet been able to confirm ovulation.
This delightful time (note the sarcasm) has led to *ahem* a lot of close time with K and almost seems like a comedy of errors at this point. Take last Monday for example:
Goes to restroom and discovers fertile-quality CM! Makes frantic, yet discrete, phone call to K while both are at lunch:
Me: Hi!
K: Hi.
Me: We have a date tonight.
K: Okay. Wait, what?
Me: A date. Don't make any plans.
K: What's going on?
Me: Remember...this morning....when I was really frustrated....
K: No...
Me: You know, remember?
K: With your temperature?
Me: Yes! Well, I'm not anymore.
K: Oh! Are you stretchy?
I will not go into more details!

Let's just hope this cycle isn't busted...

1 comments:

renee

LOL at you and ken making "dates" to do the baby dance ;-) are you using OPK's? (ovulation predictor kits). Maybe you just arent registering temperature-wise? I really hope you get it sorted out either way. This is waaaay too much "excitement" than you two deserve.
btw, i will have to tell my mil that holiday inn's give discounts to firefighters! that's really cool! :D

Post a Comment