Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Gigantic Learning Curve

So...last weekend my fam and I got new phones. I like to think I'm technologically advanced but, you know what? I'm really not. I've never (I repeat never) sent a text message in all my life. I'm perfectly content with a basic, run of the mill cell. You know what my friends? They don't make run of the mill phones anymore. No, no...you must get a fancy-use-your-finger-to-make-the-phone-work-phone. Or, at least you do if you are my father (love ya daddy!).

Yes my friends, I am now the proud owner of a touch screen phone. And let me tell you, there was a gigantic learning curve for this girl! I'm still finding out new things and I've had it for four days now. Like, did you know you can call *611 to get in touch with Verizon? Helpful information if you, like me, forgot your voicemail password and after trying nine unsuccessful passwords needed to dial for help. Or, if you get lost coming home from the mall and need to use Google maps to determine where in the world you are (in my defence, I have not lived in that area for six years!!).

I'm still getting used to the idea of constantly having access to the web. And by this I mean, I check my e-mail every time I see the little light blinking on the phone. That's not to say I'm going to respond right away because um....I haven't got that far yet!

1 comments:

renee

lol. yah when josh and i got our new touch screen (and qwerty keyboard) phones. i thought it was the coolest thing that i could type my grocery list in my phone. now we don't have the internet (or texting) b/c we are cheap...and we just plain don't need it/wouldn't use it. have fun figuring it all out. :-)

Post a Comment