Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fortune Cookies

Yesterday we celebrated the Chinese New Year at school since we have a little girl originally from China in our class. All that talk about China got this girl in the mood for Chinese food! K and I headed to our local buffet and loaded up on General Tso Chicken, bacon wrapped crab, and pepper steak. Towards the end of our meal we received our fortune cookies.

I'm sure you're familiar with fortune cookies: they have a fortune, some lucky numbers, and sometimes, if you're lucky, Chinese words you can learn. Our fortune cookies were of the variety that had the fortune and lucky numbers (this is important information my dear friends!). When I opened my fortune imagine how delighted when I read "Your dearest wish will come true." Woot, woot!

K opened his a minute or two later and quietly read over his fortune. And then asked me to read my lucky numbers to him. Why did he want to hear my lucky numbers? Because his fortune was exactly the same as mine but with different lucky numbers. Woah there Chinese fortune cookies! What are the odds that we would get the same fortune? And that they could so obviously be pointed towards our shared dream? Sigh, only time will tell if our dearest wish will come true!

Disclaimer: I totally realize that everyone in the restaurant could have received the same wish...I just choose to believe we were the only two!

0 comments:

Post a Comment