Monday, April 4, 2011

Coming out of hibernation

Hi y'all! Long time no type! I've got no real excuse for the long hiatus except perhaps that I wasn't inspired to write? Anyway, inspiration struck a few minutes ago when I was reading over the newsletter the school passes out to parents. What could be so interesting that I needed to blog about in a school newsletter? You're asking this to yourself, I just know it. Well my friends, let me tell you a little about said newsletter. It has a section from the director, handouts and such for parents to fill out and return, and a page with the current songs for the month. It's the song page that I'm taking an interest in at the present time. Lovely songs were selected for the current delightful month of April, such as "Goin' on a Picnic," "Spring is Here," and "Golden Crocus." However! "You are my sunshine" was thrown into the mix. Quite frankly, this song has brought the sting of tears to my eyes whenever we sing it with the kiddos. Except, until tonight, I couldn't pinpoint why. And then I read the second verse to myself in the comfort of my living room. And had to throw the paper across the room because I finally realized why I had such a hard time with the song. Buckle up my dears because I'm going to type out the second verse. Ready? The other night dear, as I lay sleeping, I dreamed I held you in my arms, When I awoke dear, I was mistaken, So I hung my head and I cried. Umm hmmm, great song. Please note the sarcasm because when this is your reality month after month, year after year it really tends to hit home. Please excuse the long paragraph, blogger seems to have blended my thoughts all together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment