Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter my friends! What a busy week it has been. As I mentioned in my last post, I made the decision to become Catholic and entered into the church yesterday. This was a decision that took me a while to come to, but one I do not regret making. When K and I got married we both stayed with the religions we were raised with. And, both being determined to make something work, went to both of our churches on most weekends. This became a lot of work and I began feeling that I felt more connected with the Catholic church we attended. This past fall, I inquired about becoming Catholic and have been taking classes since September.

What an interesting journey! I learned some things about myself and, most importantly, have felt closer to God during the journey. Yesterday was our Easter Vigil which is the time when new members are welcomed in the church. The ceremony was like nothing I had seen before and lasted for quite a long time! It was good though. This morning, K and I hosted a Easter Brunch to celebrate both Easter and my coming into the church.

Mom and Dad came to visit and yesterday Momma and I spent pretty much the whole day cooking! We made homemade blueberry muffins, fruit salad, brunch enchiladas, and egg and Hungarian sausage. It was my first time making the enchilada and, thankfully, everyone said they tasted yummy. Whew! I have found that I really like finding new recipes (All Recipes.com is my friend) and trying them...but it's tricky b/c there's typically only K and I eating! Thankfully all 14 of us this morning ate well and had a good time with each other's company.

Right now I'm staring at my Easter basket and watching The 10 Commandments...what lovely things to do on Easter! Easter isn't quite Easter without seeing either The 10 Commandments or The Sound of Music. Both of these movies were always on every Easter growing up and now it doesn't quite seem like right if I don't see one! (This is why I've kept The 10 Commandments on our DVR for, oh... a year now ;) )

Happy Easter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment