Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's the small things

I've come to realize through recent events that I am the type of person who appreciates the small things in life. Would you like to hear some examples of this? Sure, you say? Alrighty then!

Example #1: Earlier this fall I happened to find myself in Bath and Body Works in pursuit of fall-smelling room fresheners. I hit the jackpot of awesomeness my friends. Not only did I stock up on the fresheners but I also happened upon a raccoon and owl shaped scent portable! (These clip on things and go places like cars) And! Halloween themed handi-bacs on sale! When I got home I found out that some of the bottles of the handi-bacs glowed in the dark. Needless to say I spent more than I intended...but also? These things made me happy for days.

Example #2: Last weekend K and I went grocery shopping and ended up in the seasonal isle. After scouring the shelves for bargains on candy I made my way over to the more decorative side of the isle. Do you know what I found? More awesomeness, thank you very much. This time it came in the shape of muffin liners and Halloween themed bowls. The muffin liners are what got me though. They have little monsters on them and, the best part, one of the monsters is carrying a little bucket because he's going trick-or-treating. It's super cute. I realize this doesn't sound that great...perhaps I should take a picture to show at some point.

Example #3: The thought of any pumpkin spiced drink is making me smile.

So yes, my friends, if you want to make me smile remember - it's the small things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment