Sunday, October 2, 2011

Where do they go?!?

Do you remember when I mentioned that I'm slightly obsessive with checking the photo-listing websites for children who are in need of families? By slightly obsessive I mean that I'm checking these sites every day. And with good reason! Three (count them...1, 2, 3) times now in the past month we have come across children we are interested in and the very next day these children's profiles have been taken off-line. I don't understand. Why are their profiles up there for only one day? Are we to assume that that many people have inquired about them? In a day?

Not sure if I've mentioned this before but we are looking for up to three children. (Hmm, perhaps three is the magic number of this post). Are there really that many people looking to add three children to their family at a time?

The strangest part of this whole thing is that all three times this has happened the children's profiles have appeared on a Friday afternoon and disappeared by Saturday afternoon. I really had no idea that there are social workers out there who are working these hours. So, can you see why I might just be slightly obsessive about this search? ( I say this with a grain of salt because I'm fully aware that I've more than likely jinxed myself...the workers at our agency are searching just as diligently for our children. In the end, it will more than likely be that they are the ones who have found the children who are meant to be ours....not me ;) )

0 comments:

Post a Comment