Sunday, May 16, 2010

Date Night

Wow, so I went to log in and thought to myself..."Self, what's your password?" Yes, it has been an extremely long time since I've last wrote! I thoroughly recognize this and could make up many excuses: I just had conferences...I only have two weeks (WHOO HOO!!!) left with the kids and life's busy...but, the truth? I'm lazy. Yep, that and the fact that there's really not that much to write about.
So, K and I went to the movies last night. We had a hard time deciding what to do and when he said, so, are there any movies you want to see? I'm like, yes...there is one. Letters to Juliet. I had seen previews for it sometime (goodness knows when since we like never go to the movies and I fast forward through all commercials) and had a brief recollection that it *might* just be a chick-flick. I could have divulged this piece of information...but I didn't. Now, on K's part he also could have asked, "Hey, Jess, what is this movie all about?" But he didn't.
After dinner (at Bob Evan's which, surprisingly we both really like), we went to WalMart to get some contraband candy. We pick up the candy, pay for it and some other food for today, and begin to walk out the door. Then I'm all like, let's get some pop to drink! I have a big purse, we can totally sneak it in. So, K goes to the vending machine and pays the insanely high amount for a bottle of sprite*. Out pops a water. WHAT?? If I wanted water do you really think I'm going to pay $1.25 for a bottle of cancer water? No, I'm going to fill up my cool aluminium bottle and sneak that into my purse. I want Sprite!
We take it to the greeter (who was a bit grumpy) and he said we had to take it to the Customer Service. We do and she fixed the problem...until K asked if he could buy another bottle at the desk. Sure, she says..."That'll be $1.48." Note: for future reference it's cheaper to but a bottle out of the vending machine than it is to buy from the coolers in the store. At this point I'm like "Huh?? Why are you buying another bottle? I have a big purse, but after we stuff one 20oz bottle and the bag of Flipz in it it's not going all fit!" We end up leaving with one bottle of Sprite and Flipz and head towards the truck. I work on stuffing all the food into my purse and begin laughing at the sheer size and weight my purse has blossomed to be.
I'm not sure if you're aware...but I'm a real big stickler for following the rules. Seriously. It's kinda a curse. So, I walk two steps behind K as he goes to buy the tickets because I'm all like "What if they notice the bulging size of my purse? Did I hide the Sprite okay? Is the bag of Flipz sticking out the top?" Rationally, my purse doesn't look any bigger than other woman's purse...but it's really big for me. And heavy. And I'm sure I'm going to get caught. Then I see the sign: NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES. Oh dear. Again, rationally...I knew this. That's why I'm sticking a bottle of pop and pretzels in my purse in the first place. But to see it in writing...stupid rules.
So, we purchase the tickets and then go to the girl who rips them in half and tells you which direction your theatre is. We walk up all smiley, K hands her our tickets, and she reads them.

Ticket wench: Aww....how sweet. Looks at K. You're going to have so much fun at this chick flick.

What I think is: Really? REALLY? Do you really need to make my husband feel stupid for coming to this movie with me?
What I say: (sarcastically I might add) Thanks, we will.

Ticket wench: Stares at us with a stupid smile on her face
Me: Where is our movie?
Ticket wench: Oh right. It's the fourth door on the left. Have fun!

Blargh. Oh well. The movie was pretty good and had beautiful scenery of Italy. The ending was kinda stupid...but overall I'd give it a 'B.'

Oh, and as for the Flipz and Sprite? We both felt a bit guilty hauling in contraband food and had like 10 flipz and didn't even open the Sprite!


*Sprite: I now have this irrational fear of drinking pop that is caffieinated. Why? No, I'm not pregnant...but I've read it might hinder my chances. See, it goes back to the following of rules thing!

2 comments:

renee

lol this made me laugh. a lot. you are def not a big fan of not following the rules (ask your mom how she made you that way, for me, will ya?) i can just see you know hiding your purse and all red-faced lol.

Jess

Seriously, I know right?? I really don't know what she did to make me that way...I can still remember seeing that commercial that was on when we were younger. Remember the egg in the frying pan? And the whole premise was to say no to drugs? When it was on (and I swear this was the only time we ever talked about it) she'd say: "Jessica, don't do drugs." Any guesses what I'd say? "Okay." And I meant it! LOL

Post a Comment