Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Bird Watching Hat

I've recently developed an affinity for hats. Let me clarify...not just any hats, but hats one wears in cooler weather. On Black Friday I acquired one such hat. It's delightful! Made from soft, red yarn and with a little brim. I first tried it on by myself and wasn't quite sure it was 'me.' Then I showed my momma and aunt and they thought it looked cute. Sold! I purchased the sweet little hat and proudly showed it off to K. He, however, was not at all impressed. He didn't think it looked quite right.


I decided that I liked the hat and started to wear it places. One day, I wore it to school. As we were bundling up the kids to go outside, I nonchalantly put on my hat, and started zipping up kids' coats. One little girl looks up at me was a strange look on her face and starts giggling. "Mrs. W," she asks me, "why are you wearing a bird watching hat?"



A bird watching hat?! Is there really such a thing? Because if there is this girl was SO not aware that she had purchased one. I will say that my little fashionista's comment made me reconsider my hat...perhaps it really isn't all that cute? After all, who is more honest than a five year old? So I ask you, my Internet friends, yay or nay on the so-called bird watching hat?

0 comments:

Post a Comment