Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Meeting with Dr. Delightful

This past week K and I went to see Dr. Delightful on our way home from Christmas with my momma and daddy. This was a consultation mainly to discuss the treatment plan I am on and to see if things needed to be changed. Now let me preface this by saying the following: last cycle I came off a high because I knew that my estrodial had gone up. This number influenced my thinking and made me confident that this current cycle would bring even better news.



Dr. Delightful began by stating that he was surprised my estrodial hadn't gone up sooner (before last cycle) and he is now thinking about why this is. Perhaps it is due to my endometriosis...maybe it has to do with the quality of my egg production. Perhaps I have food allergies that cause it to be low. Or, maybe we're on the right treatment plan and we just have to give things time. All the possibilities!



Needless to say, I wanted to hear that he was certain I am on the right treatment plan and that soon, maybe even this cycle, I'd get preggers. It's just a case of a whole lot of unknowns. The most reassuring news was that my estrogen is on the tail end of normal and that it is possible to get preggers on that. However, this will not be the case if one of the above factors is playing into my sub-par natural estrodial levels.



We're kinda on a 'wait-and-see' holding pattern at the moment. Dr. Delightful said that my last cycle was the first 'normal' cycle I've had and that he suspects that this current cycle will be a normal cycle as well. (Normal classifies as typical progesterone and estrodial levels, correctly timed intercourse, awesome cervical mucus, no strange bleeding...) Some of the things he recommended was to start taking a DHA supplement and to get tested for food allergies.



And the kicker? To start taking a super low dose of a drug that's taken by druggies and alcoholics when they're getting treated. Awesome. You know, I've been all for the treatments/diagnosing procedures so far. Nasty herbs? Sure, why not. Cutting open my body? I'm all for it. Sticking myself with a needle? Bring it. Drugs that screw with my hormones and cause delightful side effects? Sounds exciting! I'm really not sure about this potential new drug though. It just seems extreme. I've just gotta keep praying that the current treatment is right and what I need in order to get pregnant.



So, for now we'll wait and see what my hormone profile comes back with in a few days. I'll start taking the DHA and do the testing for food allergies. And the most important part? Pray. Pray that I don't have to take any scary drugs. Pray that I will get pregnant. Pray that K and I are meant to have a child. Pray that I'm meant to get pregnant as oppose to adoption. The bottom line? Pray.

1 comments:

renee

I will definitely continue to pray for all of those things also. I'm glad you are finally having a "normal" cycle though. I really hope that is a sign of something good around the corner.

Post a Comment