Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! Oh MY!

Have you noticed that I've now posted twice in as many days? This is a rare occurrence my friends. What I should be doing is doing some reading for school. But no, I shall regale you with a funny story from this evening:
On Sunday I happened upon the Kroger ad and saw that they were selling candy cheap this afternoon. This thought slipped my mind until I got in the car to make my way home from school. A Kroger ad popped on the radio and reminded me ever so kindly that there was a Sale! On Candy! So, what did I do? Yep, I made the slight detour to Kroger.
Only, when I was almost there I saw a man and a little bear walking down the road. Closer inspection revealed that this was not a real bear, but a little kid dressed up like a bear. I naively thought that this little one just couldn't get enough of his Halloween costume and wanted to wear it for a walk with his dad. Because this does make total sense if you're three.

Next I pull into the parking lot and am greeted by a princess, cat, and pumpkin. Hmmm...how strange there are more kids dressed up in costumes. I mean, we are only halfway through October!
Then I walk in the store. Oh. My. Gosh. There are parents and kids EVERYWHERE. And the kids? Yup, all of them are dressed up. For Halloween. On a Tuesday. On October 19th. Because apparently? It's trick-or-treat at Kroger.

The Kroger ad people kindly forgot to add that not only are they selling cheap candy today but also that they're doing this because they want the kids who are in there trick-or-treating to buy more! Just in case you're wondering, I did brave the under 8 crowd and fight my way to 1 bag of peanut butter cups and 2 bags of Milky Ways. :-D

0 comments:

Post a Comment