Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bye bye purple!



Remember how I said I was in a cleaning frenzy in my last post? Well, that cleaning frenzy was very productive and I can now say I'm almost finished painting one of the upstairs rooms (read: future playroom). The upstairs was rather frightening when we bought our house. The front room was a lovely combination of blue walls, green baseboards, and yellow around the window frame. Yikes! I think they were going with some sort of garden theme or something. I repainted that shortly after moving in and it is now a neutral shade of taupe. A lil' darker than I would like, but it works.

The second room upstairs looked something like this:


With parts like this that just make you ask "Why?!"



Not hateful, but also not quite our style. The difficult part of this whole process (well, besides the fact that I can't reach part of the wall without go-go gadget arms since the wall shares with the staircase) was choosing the right shade to paint it. We went with the same light green that is in our kitchen because we thought it could be dressed up for a boy (with blue) or a girl (with pinks) or could be boy/girl (with reds and yellows). And the best part? We had a whole gallon of the stuff in our basement.

Now the room looks better with the nice, soft shade of green. I plan to make curtains for the windows in the color schemes mentioned above once we know who we will be adding to our family! I also found some really awesome wall decals in the shape of flowers that I'm contemplating purchasing if we have a girl(s) because you can actually customize the colors of the flowers to the room decor. How cool is that?



0 comments:

Post a Comment