Thursday, August 4, 2011

Things I have learned

K and I are plugging away on the nuts and blots of our adoption. As of this Friday we plan to have turned in all of our paperwork and will complete the last of the required classes we have to take. This process has helped me become aware of a couple things. 1: I am, apparently, a pack rat. 2: When I write I become very wordy.

Part of my mission in this adoption journey has been to clean the upstairs. Because, you know, our kids need a place to have their rooms. I started this process last year and, well, abandoned it because I just couldn't make sense of where I was going to put everything. For a year, the upstairs was a place where we would put things that we wanted but didn't have any other place to keep. Since we don't have a workable basement for storage this is our compromise. Except, not anymore!
I picked up this project again this summer and was motivated to make it better and find homes for everything. I had piles for Goodwill, school, mom and dad, trash, and recycle. And my friends? I must say that it's looking better! Not perfect, but good enough that I gave K the go-ahead to call the fire chief to come over for the fire inspection. (Because honestly? I thought anyone but close family and friends would have a heart attack if they walked through it as it was last year!)

Oh and, yes...I am very wordy when I write. This became apparent when I wrote my autobiography that will be read by the social worker who will do our home study. In my defence, we were given a page with guidelines and talking points to include in our writing. Somehow though, my autobiography is currently 8 pages while K's is half of that. Oh, and it's all single spaced and size 11 font. Sigh...

But, happy news! Since we are getting all this initial stuff done that means we are all the closer to our home study! Yeah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment