Thursday, August 18, 2011

Grand Rapids

Every once in a while K has extra trainings that he has to go to for work. This week, the training was in Grand Rapids, MI and I got to join him since I'm still on break. Exciting times! Grand Rapids has lots of fun things to do and, my goodness, the shopping! For a girl transplanted to the country after growing up relatively close to shopping plazas it was a dream come true! I spent most of Monday hopping from place to place and feeling guilty because I think I spent too much money. But, hey, I did get some new clothes for the school year.



On Tuesday K and I went to Meijer Gardens and Sculpture park. Wow! What an amazing place. It has acres and acres of walking trails and sculptures as well as an indoor green house filled with tropical plants. It also provided many opportunities for photo taking. Like 75 pictures worth.







(See, I've been on this mission to take lots of photos that will then be put together in our "welcome book" for our future children. Kinda like a book of things and people they will see when the live with us. As I gathered pictures to put in I realized that I didn't really have a lot of photos of certain things so, hence the photo-taking mission.)

And last night we went to Robinette Winery and guess what? They give you wine glasses with your tastings that have little birds on them. I probably haven't said this yet, but friends? I love birds. And? I love wine. Now I have bird wine glasses. Totally cool. (Yes, I do realize that it's the small things in life that make me happy. I'm good with that.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment