Friday, July 16, 2010

Jumping Through Hoops

Interesting developments on my attempts to enact our plan...wanna hear? Here it goes:

Alright, so Dr. Delightful kindly forgot to tell me just how frickin difficult it would be to get my Rx filled. I received the Rx script in the mail on Monday and took it to Walmart to get filled on Wednesday. Walmart told me they would have to send away for it but that I could pick it up after 4:00 on Thursday. So, I leave Walmart and go about my merry way.

30 mins later my phone rings. It's Walmart. They have to use a 'special pharmacy' and called my insurance to make sure it was approved. Insurance said, well does she have her shiny new purple card? To that I replied WTF? Ummm....I didn't change insurances? Why do I need a new card? At this point I get thoroughly confused (and still am for that matter), but Walmart tells me they'll call other pharms to see if they carry the medicine.

In the meantime, I call my director and ask if insurance has changed...to which she replied 'no.' She called our insurance liaison and inquired further. After getting off the phone with her, Walmart calls back and tells me that Kroger carries the magic drug.

Can you tell how convoluted this is becoming? Yeah...if it's complicated reading it imagine how crazy it was living it! Anyway, I'm going to make a long story short....after doing some calling around, I discover that my insurance will cover the drug if I go through the 'special pharmacy.' So, I call the special pharm, only to be informed that although they contract through my insurance, they contract through another company for fertility meds. Seriously?

All in all, I had to get Dr. (Not So)Delightful to fax a new script to the fertility meds place and then call the fertility place myself to get everything confirmed. I should be expecting my meds to be delivered to me on Monday between 8am and 3 pm. You can rest assured that I WILL NOT leave the house between these hours so that I can sign for these magical drugs.

The moral of this (very confusing) post? I'm truly thankful that I have the worlds longest pre- ovulatory phase and that I don't need the meds today!

1 comments:

renee

geez. thank goodness you didn't need them today.

Post a Comment