Friday, July 9, 2010

We have a plan!

As you may remember, Dr. Delightful wanted me to get hormone testing done on various days after I ovulated in order to show what my hormone levels are during my lutal phase. I finished up with that last week and had a phone consult with him today to go over my test results.
Here they are:
Ovulation + 3 days: Progesterone - 6.7 Estrogen - 6.9
Ovulation + 5 days: Progesterone - 12.0 Estrogen - 5.3
Ovulation + 7 days: Progesterone - 14.7 Estrogen - 3
Ovulation + 9 days: Progesterone - 20.9 Estrogen - 3
Ovulation + 11 days: Progesterone - 11.5 Estrogen - 7.8

Dr. Delightful explained that my levels are lower than normal; but, that being said it looked like I had a viable conception. However, due to that lower than normal levels I wasn't able to sustain it. Can you believe that folks?
So, as a way to manage this, Dr. Delightful has created a plan for us. A plan! Yippie! And the thought that part of this plan means shooting myself a couple times for a week doesn't phase me in the least. Okay, well maybe it does a little bit. But hey, bring it on folks!
The plan will be to take HCG shots on days 3, 5, 7, 9 after ovulation. This will help boost my progesterone and estrogen and get rid of abnormal bleeding at the tail end of my period. It will also make my ovulation earlier in the cycle (whoot!!!) but probably will make my cycle longer. Dr. Delightful has warned not to take a pregnancy test until at least 7 days after the last shot, as the shot can make the test read positive. I will also be getting blood work done on days 5, 7, and 9 after ovulation to see how this is working.
We'll give this treatment plan 3 cycles to work and then move on to Clomid or Femera if needed. However, Dr Delightful said it looked like I was ovulating normally according to my chart. Remember how I said he didn't like how my laparoscopy was done? Well, that's not a worry at the moment and he said we'll give it a year and if I haven't conceived by then we might consider another lap. Thank goodness!
All in all, I feel really good about this plan. Well, quite frankly, I feel good to have any plan at all! But really, I'm going to be praying really hard that this is the answer K and I have been waiting for.
So....who knows how to give shots? Anyone??????

1 comments:

renee

YAH! for a plan. Hopefully the hormones will be just what you need :D and on the plus side, ken will get REALLY good at giving shots. by the end of my last pregnancy Josh wanted me to call him Dr. Josh and was contemplating becoming a "male nurse" b/c he was the one that was changing the dressing on my PICC line. LOL.
Oh and DR. DELIGHTFUL!!! that's it! LOL

Post a Comment