Monday, June 7, 2010

Blarg on the insurance company

In December (mind you we're talking 2009 - roughly 6 months ago) I had my laparoscopy done. Going into this procedure we were like 99% percent sure that insurance would not cover it because I don't have infertility coverage. However! They found endo and, therefore, insurance would now magically pick this up.
I got the bills I had to pay to meet the deductible in what I thought was a reasonable amount of time and thought I was done with all of that. Until April. Then, I got this claim from insurance telling me that they wouldn't pick up the anesthesia bill. Alright, whatever. Like most people would do at this point I start watching the mail expecting a bill for an obnoxiously high amount of money come to me. And I wait, and wait, and wait.
It's now June and I still haven't gotten the bill. Six months later! How incredibly ridiculous is that? I called this morning because I would really like to pay this and get it over with (that, and I'm looking to buy another car and would like to have all this settled before I stick a down payment on a car/SUV!). Mind you, I don't know who to call (BECAUSE I HAVEN'T GOTTEN A BILL) and, after getting the runaround, talk to a semi-knowledgeable lady. She explains that since my insurance denied it the first time they thought they would try again. Then, probably because she realizes that it's been 6 months, says she would call the insurance and see what's going on. She tells me that she'll try to have a bill/paperwork in the mail to me by the end of the week.
Now, I realize that my insurance didn't want to pick it up (remember, I wasn't even expecting them to in the first place) and that they want them to pay it. However! Some kind of communication between said parties and myself would have been nice. I would really like to get that stuff paid for soon!

In other news, I have an appointment at a new Dr. on Friday. As I'm sure you can imagine since this is my 4th Dr in a year, I have records of testing at many different locations. I really, really want this new Dr. to see said testing results (why start over, right?) and requested that my records get sent to him. I called new Dr. office on Friday and, as of then, they hadn't gotten any of my records yet. Garumph. So, obviously I called current Dr.'s and asked about this. One office said, yes, we got your fax but since you didn't put when you wanted them by we hadn't sent them yet. Seriously? Is it that hard? Anyway they said they'd get them in the mail (hopefully) today.

1 comments:

renee

you should have put on there "i want these yesterday" then maybe you'd have them by now lol.
i was hoping that the end of the insurance story was going to say "so the lovely kind insurance company decided they'd just pay. the end." my story ends nicer than yours lol.

Post a Comment