Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The newest vehicle to our fleet

I had said that I wanted a new car before the end of the year, so K and I recently started car shopping. I was driving a '98 Cavalier, named Betsy, and, while she is an excellent car, I was ready for something newer (read: 4 doors, remote entry, power windows...etc.). Here's where the eternal debate with myself kicked in. Did I want another car? Or shall I upgrade to an SUV? Both have their merits:

Car: Good fuel mileage, smaller (i.e. easier for me to handle), trunk to haul things


SUV: more capacity for larger things, easier to get things/people in and out


I test drove countless vehicles and basically had my choices narrowed down between a Chevy Equinox and a Ford Fusion. After some internal debate the car won because of the excellent fuel mileage. I also thought that, really, when it boils down we'll be able to get kids/stuff in and out of a car just as easily as an SUV. Also, I didn't want an SUV and be stuck with a big honkin' thing if we aren't able to produce little baby W's.
I must say that I am very happy with my choice! The only problem is I'm not sure what to name her yet. She seems to have somewhat of an elegant persona...perhaps Bella??


1 comments:

renee

Love her! She's great! :D

Post a Comment