Friday, June 18, 2010

The Foot Lady (aka I did Reflexology)

It's been a while since I've last posted and some things have changed in regards to my treatment. I visited the reflexologist (aka Foot Lady) last Tuesday and was a combination of totally weired out and awestruck by the experience. It's hard to describe what exactly happened because the experience was just SO different than anything I've ever done. Ever. Anyway, throughout the session she would place one hand on various parts of my body and the other hand on my arm. As she touched these areas she would try to push down on my arm while I was trying to push up. If she was able to make my arm go down than that indicated my body was weak in that area. (This was totally odd...she was able to do this even though I swear that I was always trying to hold my arm up. WEIRD!)
Since she knew my story she mainly checked the reproductive organs and hormones in order to figure out where I needed work. She determined from these little experiments that my organs were functioning properly and it was my hormones that needed attention. Then she went to my feet and started rubbing them. She wasn't grossed out at all by the toe and explained that an herb she was going to give me would serve the dual purpose of helping my hormones as well as my toe. If that would happen that would make it the magic herb! The only problem...I forget which herb it is. I have three. Shoot.
Anyway, back to my feet...Foot Lady explained that there are nerve endings in the feet. As she rubbed she asked questions, such as "Do you like sugar?" HA! Do I like sugar. Is the grass green? When I answered yes she explained that my body didn't like it because she could feel the nerve ending of the pancreas? liver? Ugh, I wish I would have videotaped/recorded/took notes! Thankfully I'm going back next week and can ask her to clarify and answer my questions. In the meantime, I'm taking my (disgusting) herbs, rubbing my ovaries (via my feet) and cutting back on sugar.
On the next post I shall update you about my new doctor and the latest of tests I will have!

2 comments:

renee

VERY interesting! It'll be weird to see if any of it has any affect on you. oh and giving up sugar was like going into heroin withdrawl, for me. lol.

Jess

I'm interested to see if it has any affect also! And about the sugar thing...sigh. I have the attitude that I'm going to start by giving up things that are easy (i.e. candy and pop) but just cutting back on homemade goodies. I can't just give it up cold turkey and it doesn't help that I like to bake!! I'm also trying to stay away from high fructose corn syrup...we'll see what happens!

Post a Comment