Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Here's a disclaimer for you: I didn't feel strong enough to go to church on Mother's Day. Don't get me wrong, I love my momma and wanted to celebrate her (which we did by visiting with momma and daddy)...but I just didn't want to sit through a church service and risk getting all emotional over the fact that we still weren't pregnant. So, we didn't go.

Alright, so it's Father's Day. I woke up this morning ready to go to church and we even left the house extra early because we thought that there would be more people than normal. Apparently I didn't realize how hard it would be to sit through a Father's Day service either! I really don't know what I was thinking - I hadn't even mentally prepared myself for the potential hardness of listening to Father talk and wishing that K would be able to officially call himself a father. As it was I barely made it through the message without crying but then lost it during the song that followed. Sigh. K was having the same feelings and we both had to sneak out to the basement until we got it together.
Then we just stood in the back of the church till K was able to take communion. Then we left. The saving grace of this whole situation was seeing what I assume (and you know what happens when you assume, but whatever) were two other couples that seemed to be struggling. One even left before we did and I could tell the woman was crying. Although I hate to think of anyone else going through this it does help to know we're not alone.

In other related news...I think I willed myself to ovulate last night. LOL. I woke up this morning with a slightly higher temp and feeling a bit bloated. Literally, I lied in bed and pictured myself ovulating. (Which is very hard to do...what does it even look like to ovulate??) Now, this might be a bit skewed because I definitely had cervical quality fluid and perhaps was going to ovulate anyway. But, I'm going for the whole mind over matter thing at the moment. I'm really praying for a definite mark in ovulation/peak day fluid so that I can for sure get my blood work done on the right day.

Next post will be more lively with pics of my new (to me) car!

1 comments:

renee

OOOOOH! I know what it looks like to ovulate! :D Josh and I watched a documentary called....oh crap what was it called!!!! oh! sizing up sperm. that's it! it was really weird but really interesting.
afa the difficulty with md and fd, that is TOTALLY normal. I can't imagine how difficult that would be.

Post a Comment