Sunday, January 2, 2011

Miss Murph

Yesterday my kitty was curled up so innocently on the couch. I took the opportunity for an impromptu photo shoot because, my friends, this does not happen often. Our indoor kitty, Murphy, is a cat full of personality. I've had Murphy since the fall after graduating collage, which is actually before I met K. Murph lived with me in my apartment and then moved with me when we bought our house.


Theoretically, you would think she would like me the best, right? I mean I've only had her since she was a kitten and she's known me basically her whole life. I feed her, I clean out her kitty box, and I *sometimes* buy her toys that she doesn't play with. But, uh... she tends to favor K the most. Case in point: I'll be sitting on the couch curled up in her favorite blanket and she will be contently sitting on my lap. Literally, as soon as K comes to sit down she is off my lap and making her way over to sit on him. He can move, play around with her, tease her and she still stays with him. If he's ticked her off and she jumped off his lap, all he has to do is call her name and she's back up. Sigh.


Not only does she favor K, but she can be really nasty toward me! Every morning during the work week I eat my breakfast in the living room. When I get up to take my dishes back into the kitchen she, like clock-work, attacks my legs. (Luckily she doesn't have claws) When she's hungry who will she pester? Me. When she wants to go outside, who will she meow and bat at? Me. Sigh.


She does have her redeeming moments though, such as the time she got stuck in a plastic bag. How is this possible? I still don't know, but it was hilarious! I think the bag was stuck around her leg and she did not care for this. I would assume that most cats would stay in one place and work to get it off. Not Murph. She tore through the house (with the bag attached). Zoom...through the living room...zoom...into the bedroom...zoom...back into the living room...zoom...up on the counter...zoom...on top of the refridgerator...zoom...into the bedroom. This probably went on for five minutes before the poor bag finally flew off her leg. Hehehe...poor kitty. I must say though, K and I were laughing the whole time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment