Friday, January 7, 2011

A Rude Awakening

Alright my friends, I'm at a loss. For the past few weeks I've woken up with an elbow on or near my head. Apparently, K has taken to sleeping with his hands behind his head. Which causes his elbows to project outward...usually near me.

Imagine it, you're sleeping soundly and roll over. Except instead of feeling a nice soft pillow? You get jabbed in the face with a pointed elbow. Ouch, right? And so much for a sound sleep! Getting jabbed does wonders for waking me up!

The fun part? K is dead to the world when he sleeps and I can move his bent arm pretty easily. Like, I pretty much throw it back over onto his body. It provides at least a bit of humor at 4:30 in the morning.

This is a new development as he used to sleep on his side. What makes a person change sleeping positions? And, more importantly, how can we change this so I don't get jabbed anymore?

1 comments:

renee

I'm more of a Ken than a Jess in this situation. I will admit that I am HORRIBLE to sleep with. I'm constantly moving and I can't get into a comfortable position so I wake up and switch about 15 times in the night. Once I do find a comfortable position it usually includes 2/3 of the bed lol. I switched positions though about 5 years ago. I was always a back or side sleeper then all of a sudden I became a stomach sleeper (though, sometimes side...and sometimes back lol ;-)

Post a Comment