Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Monster Boots

What are monster boots you ask? Well, my friends, monster boots are those boots that everyone is wearing now...Ugg knock-offs. Seriously, I live in these things during the winter months and dread the times that I have to wear actual shoes. Why? Because they are WARM! And I really like to be warm.

The name monster boots stems from my first pair of tall, light pink boots. When I put them on my feet looked huge and, well, monster-like. My pink boots have been through a lot of snow and slush and, quite frankly, look terrible. That prompted me to purchase a new pair this winter and I now wear a pair of short, gray monster boots.

When I first started wearing them life couldn't be better. They were snugly warm, looked good, and felt great. However, I'm now noticing a correlation between my boots and slippage while walking. I first noticed this when walking on our playground at school but attributed it to the snow covered foot-high mulch on the playground. Honestly I would slip and slide around these little hills, it's kinda sad. Then, last week, during our "freezing drizzle" episode I almost had a total wipe out on our deck.

But the kicker? Yesterday on the playground. I'm minding my own business, walking to see the animal tracks the kiddos found, and whammo! Down I went. Like, total fall on my butt. And it hurt! And the kids laughed! "Oh, that was funny Mrs. W!" Yeah, I totally fell because I wanted to make you laugh.

So the lesson? Apparently my boots do not have good traction. Or, perhaps I'm just really clumsy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment